Thursday, June 10, 2010

Barcelona



Well I am finally back in the states, after a long last month of traveling. I went to a lot of different places and saw so much that I want to share. I'm trying to piece together all the material and pictures I took. I will try to slowly add it on here throughout the summer (as long as everyone else keeps everything going).

My first stop was Barcelona. I stayed in Barcelona for a week and saw so much. Barcelona has a very unique character and culture, especially apart from the rest of Spain. The city and whole region of Catalonia has always resisted Spanish rule and still does to this day, practicing their own language (Catalan) and culture...and hating Madrid. The city is loaded with landscape architecture, both new and old. All the pictures here are taken from all over the city, later on I am going to try to post more on specific parks and projects because there was so much amazing work all over this city. As always, more pictures at http://www.flickr.com/photos/wbenge/






Besos River and surrounding parks
la Ramblas (main boulevard)

Gaudi apartment building
1992 Olympic Park

1 comment:

  1. Kick ass pictures benge i am really digging them! I i am try to get some post up soon.

    ReplyDelete