Friday, May 14, 2010

One Alfred Street

One Alfred Street is a very historical corner right in the heart of Sydney CBD. Currently there is a building there mostly made one offices and a few retail stores. But there are plans for a new residential/retail development to take place. The 2 or 3 million dollar apartment will provide its residence with a front row seat to some of the best views of Sydney's Harbor including the Sydney Opera House and the Sydney Harbor Bridge.
I have been very excited about this project because I have been able to work on it from the very beginning, where most of my time here I have been thrown into the middle of a lot of projects. We were ask by the client after our first meeting to build a model of the site to really begin to understand the spaces with in the site, especially between the buildings. So I had the opportunity to build both the physical and virtual models for the site as well as the existing and proposed plans. All I was given was the architectural plans, so I had a good time looking over and studying the plans figuring all the different roof and ground elevation, to eventually building and rendering all my models and plans. We were also asked to study and propose the idea of a roof garden of the lower building which residents will look down on to, as well as some private gardens for the residents with the big buck, so I have also been studying roof gardens around the world.
This projects is still in its "very" earlier stages, after our last meeting we were asked to not add any trees to the new site ... so who know where things will go next but I am looks forward to watching it development.
Existing Plan

Our First Proposed Plan







(The physical model was built to be used as a working model, I was not asked to make it perfect, but to make things editable for future changes. Also note: one building is about 93 meters heigh and the other and 45 meters, in the model I build up about 25 meters just to show all the spaces and over hangs)

1 comment:

  1. I'm American and do not understand this meter talk... where are your scale figures?!

    ReplyDelete